Hello everyone. It’s me, Deborah Whitehead, host of your Port Jefferson Daily News – back in your inbox, you need to know everything going on locally. Today you’ll find news and more about these stories…
- Heritage Park Fall Carnival.
- LIRR got it own police.
- Cedar Hill Cemetery Exhibit, Librariany knitting workshop, and more!
But first, today’s weather:
Period of clouds and sun. High: 71, Low: 54.
📢 I’m looking for business owners and marketers in Port Jefferson People who want to build awareness, connect with customers, and increase sales.
I have a limited number of sponsorships to introduce our Port Jefferson Daily readers to the local businesses they need to know. If that’s you, then I invite you to learn more now and secure your spot.
Here are the four stories of Port Jefferson today:
- Heritage Park Carnival opens on September 30For those looking forward to celebrating the new season, the Fall into Fun Community Outdoor Recreation will continue until October 2 at 633 Mount Sinai Coram Road. (TBR News Media)
- LIRR trains will have their own policeThe decision was made as increased crime at the station caused concern for passengers and staff. Metropolitan Transportation Authority Police Chief John Mueller introduced the new train patrol at an MTA board meeting. (repair)
- The Cedar Hill Cemetery exhibit is still hot at the Port Jefferson Village Center. The series presents the history of the site in photographic form, telling of “the sanctuary of our past”. (Port Jefferson Village Center)
- Port Jefferson Free Library to host next ‘Knitting Workshop’ on October 1st from 2-4pm Participants will learn the basic techniques of the art of knitting while socializing. Coach Sharon Barnes leads the group. A list of required materials is posted on the link to the event. (Port Jefferson Free Library)
From our sponsor Wise Bread:
Interested in a high-value cashback card with no annual fee? A longtime credit card writer says These are some of the best deals He has been seen over the years he has written for top financial sites. You can earn a bonus of $200 with these high cash back credit cards. Plus, enjoy a high ongoing cash back rate, no annual fee or 0% interest on 15 months of purchases. Start accumulating huge cashback rewards. Click here to learn more.
Today in Port Jefferson:
- Online: Bureau – Port Jefferson Free Library. (10 o’clock in the morning)
- Online: Great Decision PJFL discussion group. (7pm)
- Creation Invitation: Tape Resist Mosaic from PJFL. (7pm)
- end – Port Jefferson Free Library. (7:30pm)
From my notebook:
- Rain or shine, the Port Jefferson Chamber of Commerce will host its “Soles for All Souls” 5k run/2k walk on October 2 at 9am. The event is hosted by All Souls Anglican Church in Stony Brook. Register online: active.com. (Port Jefferson CofC)
- The ‘Guys And Dolls’ season at Theatre Three is in full swing until October 22nd. The musical is one of the best shows of the Golden Age on Broadway, rocking a Frank Loser song. Tickets can be purchased on the Theatre Three website. For those who want to learn more about the production and cast, please visit here. (Port Jefferson patch)
More from our sponsors – thanks for supporting Local News!
You all caught up today! See you tomorrow for another update.
— Deborah Whitehead
About Me: Got a story idea? Don’t hesitate to contact me! I would love to hear your opinion! Wife, Mom, Foodie, Traveler and Nature Lover.
Got a news tip or suggestion for the upcoming Port Jefferson Daily News? Contact me at PortJefferson@Patch.com.