Hello everyone. I’m back with your new edition of Sancun Daily. Here’s all the local news you need to know right now, including:
- an arrest At Yi Spa in Setokite.
- Stony Brook Village Hosting the 32nd Halloween Festival.
- real estate: Colonial close to Setauket Harbour, Activityand more!
But first, today’s weather:
The afternoon was light and cloudy. High: 74 Low: 47.
📢 I’m looking for business owners and marketers in Three Villages Who wants to build awareness, connect with customers and increase sales.
I have a limited number of sponsorships to introduce our Three Village Daily readers to local businesses they need to know about. If that’s you, then I invite you to learn more now and secure your spot.
Here are three of Mimura’s top five stories today:
- Police arrest woman at a massage parlour in Setauket. Zhao Xiahong, from Flushing, was detained Wednesday night for illegally practicing at Yi Spa, Route 25A, 175. (Smithtown Affairs)
- Don’t forget to join the “Plant-Based Nutrition” webinar hosted by the Emma Clark Library on Tuesday, October 11th. Cornell Cooperative Extension nutritionists will lead discussions, starting at 7 p.m., teaching health benefits, recipes, alternative foods, and more. Register here. (Emma Clark Library)
- For those looking for a home in the Three Villages area, have you considered living in a 1790s colonial style house close to Setauket Harbour? The property has three bedrooms, high ceilings, wood floors and a legal apartment for $575,000. (TBR News Media)
- According to a poll released by Siena College, Democrat Kathy Hocher led Republican Lizelding 54-37. Hochul has risen 3 percentage points since the last poll in August, the academy’s figures show. (Long Island News 12)
- The Artisan of the Month at the Reboli Center is Renee Fondacaro. October is a special month for Fondacaro as she showcases her candles made with natural scents. Her company, Old Field Apothecary, opened in 2020. Visit Reboli’s website to learn about her homemade candles. (TBR News Media)
Daily Patch Deals:
Alert for wine lovers. We found this amazing deal from Splash Wines – 18 bottles of the fall selection of red and white wines – for just $69.99. Shipping at $39.95 isn’t cheap, but it’s still a little over $6 per bottle. If you don’t like this wine, Splash Wines offers a money-back guarantee and has a 4.6 out of 5 rating on TrustPilot. So: Recommended.
(The Patch Deals team scours the web for deals we think our subscribers will enjoy. We may earn a commission on purchases. All promotions are subject to publication and are subject to change.)
Today in Mimura:
- match day – Emma Clark Memorial Library. (10 o’clock in the morning)
- baby time – Emma Clark Memorial Library. (10 o’clock in the morning)
- Knitting, crocheting and chatting – Emma Clark Memorial Library. (2pm)
- Relax and paint: autumn sun – Emma Clark Memorial Library. (7pm)
- Jazz Loft Big Band with Houstonian. (7pm)
From my notebook:
- Watch out for three rural teens who have signed up to volunteer with the Candyland program. The next meeting is today at 5pm This program is for those attending the September 30th training. (Emma Clark Library)
- Stony Brook Village is hosting its 32nd Annual Halloween Festival on October 31st! A fun day will run from 2pm to 5pm. This activity is free. (Stone Creek Village)
- The Port Jefferson Free Library is hosting a defensive driving class on Saturday, October 8, Help those who need lower insurance costs or fewer driving record points. The investment is $35 per person and registration is in person only. (PJFL)
More from our sponsors – thanks for supporting Local News!
- Audition for “The Elf and the Shoemaker” (Charles Dickens Festival). (October 8)
- EmblemHealth Healthier Futures Health Expo: Free Live Music & More! (October 8)
- Spend an evening with Chef Tom Schodel. (October 11)
- Add your event
That’s it for today. See you later!
— Deborah Whitehead
About Me: Got a story idea? Don’t hesitate to contact me! I would love to hear your opinion! Wife, Mom, Foodie, Traveler and Nature Lover.
Got a news tip or suggestion for the upcoming Sancun Daily? Contact me at ThreeVillage@Patch.com.